Saturday, December 19, 2009

FaceBook... democracy is good--- just don't use it to promote peace and worker's rights

An interesting notice I received from FaceBook administrators:

"Block! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users.You have been blocked from adding friends because you repeatedly misused this feature. This block will last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. When you are allowed to reuse this feature, please proceed with caution. Further misuse may result in your account being permanently disabled. For further information, please visit our FAQ page."

So much for using FaceBook in exercising democratic rights!

This in the world's greatest bastion of democracy... the good old U.S.A.

American democracy, the Constitution and Bill of Rights... the greatest contributions ever made to humankind... just don't try to use these rights to promote peace and worker's rights.

And now I get this notice trying to post my thoughts about this "BLOCK" on making friends on FaceBook:

Status Too Long. Your status update is too long. The maximum status length is 420 characters, but it is 825 characters long.

FaceBook banned me before; now FaceBook is trying to stifle what I have to say. Previously, FaceBook tried to ban me for sending out peace and social justice messages to friends. Now, if I was posting racist messages of bigotry and hate there would be no problem... only in America.

FaceBook also informed me that my account would be closed if I continued to refer to Barack Obama as a "Dumb Donkey."